Saturday, July 25, 2015

Tostada Salad With or Without the Shell

Mmmm...Get it ma belly! 
I introduce you too one of my all time favorites homemade creations!


So easy to make I promise! 

I have made a few times already and it's perfect because everyone is happy. 

  The kids and my hubby eat this with the shell or sometimes in burritos or those already made taco shells. 

Instead of feeding my carb-aholic tendencies I ALWAYS opt for the salad version on Taco Night! 


What you will need: 

Lettuce
Tomatoes
Onions
Brown Rice
Black Beans
Ground Turkey I used 3lbs and cooked with taco seasoning (of your choice)
Greek Yogurt
Shredded cheese
Avocado
Hot Sauce

Optional:
Flour or Wheat Tortilla
Foil 
Oven Safe Bowl

Directions: 

Start by cooking your meat, nothing fancy here.  I typically throw in some garlic, some onion and use Taco Seasoning for this particular recipe.


While your meat is cooking you'll start my by turning that oven on to about 350 degrees.  Take your medium or large sized tortilla and lightly dampen it with a little water just to so it won't tear.

If you do not have an oven safe bowl then you can use foil and just use the bowl to help you mold it. 


l Place the Tortilla over it creating and umbrella over the foil or the upside down bowl and
place on a cookie sheet and into the oven for about 8-10 minutes.

I just keep an eye on it and pull them out when they're a golden brown.
Once done I remove and let it cool for a bit and....load it up!!! 


With or Without the Tostada shell this is still absolutely DELISH!! 

And YES this is 21 Day Fix Approved!!

The portions you see above are 1 Red, 2 Green, 1 Blue, and 2 Yellow OR skip the shell to save yourself a yellow container ;) 

NOTE: I split my containers so I can a little bit of everything in my salad.  Avo and Cheese in my blue container and rice and black beans in my yellow. 


Hope you enjoy!!

Don't forget to share the love or tag me on Facebook or Instagram if you give this bad boy a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment