Friday, January 16, 2015

How I Turned My Fitness Into A Business and My Passion into a Purpose

I've made a ton of mistakes in my life but I know deep inside that GOD made me..ME!! 
And He LOVED me anyways!!
 He has brought me through all of the messes I made and to a place of love & peace. 
I am so grateful! 
And this year when I made a vow to be more open, honest and to share 
more of my story openly and unapologetically, I meant it!! 
Because if I can give hope to ONE person who is now going through some of the things I went through, it will be worth it.

When I got laid off from my job almost 5 1/2 years ago I was 6 months pregnant. 
While I was scared and nervous for what was to come, my faith told me would be alright. 

The loss of my job forced us to make a decision we knew deep in our heart we 
wanted to make but were afraid to because of our finances.   We were married only a month before we learned we had conceived Evie.  Losing my income was a challenge at first, there was a lot of stress, tension and many times resentment...but we stayed the course no matter how difficult things got.


When I started my fitness journey with Beachbody we were not in a good place financially and I was still struggling with my depression.  We made sacrifices in many more ways than just our budget.
I love my family, I love my husband dearly but I was losing myself...I wanted just to feel ALIVE again...To be HEALTHY, FIT, and give my family what they DESERVED.



When times got hard I thought it would be easier to just find ANY job to be able 
to help bring in extra MONEY.  But then we had the issue of childcare, gas, time away from the babies and so I decided to stay the course with my health & fitness and dream BIG, which led me to getting BIT....and HARD..... by the entrepreneurial bug through Beachbody!


My true PASSION! I now earn an Income from HOME on my TIME.  
Remember, my REAL job is being a MOM, but as a COACH focusing on helping people with their health, fitness and nutrition goals has given me another sense of PURPOSE.

I had no idea the effect it would have on me. 
 I really only thought it would be great to earn a little extra here and there, but messages and comments and e-mails that I get from friends, strangers telling me that I INSPIRE them, GIVE them HOPE...WOW!! 


In these moments I am reminded that my purpose here is meant for much more.  
My depression almost ruined my family, my weight almost destroyed me, but I found myself again and have grown into something much more than I was before. 



The point of the story is, if you want something bad enough, 
you will be willing to invest in yourself and in the process to learn.
You have to open to change, willing to change and take each misstep as a lesson.


Many things you attempt may not always pan out as you expect. You either quit too soon, don't believe in yourself enough to keep pursuing or.......you keep going and learning and experiencing and then BAM......an entirely new world of opportunities open up for you.



 I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be offering fitness and nutrition advice, put together online fitness challenges, reach countless women across the united states that I never otherwise would have connected with.. I DO THIS, and my heart HUNGERS for more.

Not only have I learned how help others find a path to fitness, 
but I learned to do this AND  make money online.

I built & designed my own blog, grew a passion so deep that I also became a Fitness Instructor !!
All while continuing to learn about successful online marketing, AT HOME!
Its so interesting to me how ONE COMMITTED DECISION (for me it was to FIND A WAY to get healthy and stay that way), led to getting inspired to blog about my journey and 
inspire others along the way too. 


WOW.....and to think.....I could still be CHOOSING to work for the man in 
corporate america but I wouldn't even be home RIGHT NOW. 
I'd be working to get off of work at 5 to spending an hour+ in traffic.

What I am doing to today.....there is NOTHING LIKE IT!!
Social Media is not just about #Selfies and #OTTD

I fed my own personal needs of working out, getting fit and living a healthy life. 
I get to show others how to do it too. 
I get to help others earn an income from simply focusing on their health and on helping others 
and I get to be at home with my children....EVERY DAY!!!

There is ALWAYS a better way people, you just have to be persistent enough to chase it!


I am looking for women, just like me who want to or are already making a change for themselves and their family! I want to mentor you, show you one simple act of courage can have a ripple effect. 
YOU, WE all have a voice, a story, something we can share that give someone else HOPE! 



My vision is to grow a team of women (and men) who lead with their
HEARTS, COMPASSION, INTEGRITY, and STRENGTH.

If you want more information or want to be considered for my next Coach Mentorship please fill out the application HERE and I'll reach out to you so we can see if this is the right FIT for you ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment