Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Chicken Taquitos: 21Day Fix & Insanity Max:30 Approved

What if I told you that you could lose weight, get fit and still eat yummy Mexican Food 
just like this and NOT call it a CHEAT MEAL? 

THIS is WHY I LOVE the 21Day Fix so much! 
It has taught so much about food and proper portions.  
And it's also the same nutrition guidelines as Insanity Max:30 but you can only get the containers with the Deluxe Kit. 

Over the last year I have taken some of my family favorites 
and guilty pleasure and just learned to be more mindful of the preparation.  
I cut back on the serving size for one, and I also change the way I cook things, the oils I use, the added spices or side dishes like the Rice and Beans.


This is a big hit at home with everyone! 
The hubby loved it just with plain Guacamole and cheese on top! 
I load up on veggies or a small salad and have 2 or even 3 depending on
 how many yellow containers I still have left for the day. 


WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

1. Corn Tortillas
2. Chicken Breast 2-3 or go with BEEF! 
3. Avocado 1-2 
4. Tomato & Onions Optional for Guacamole
5. Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
6. 1 tsp Avocado or Coconut Oil
7. Non Stick Skillet works best! 



Directions:

1. You can cheat and use a pre-packed meat or make your own.  I typically take 1/3 of an onion, toss it into boiling water, 1 garlic clove chopped finely, and throw in my Chicken Breast.  I add a little dash of salt, I prefer Pink Himalayan salt.   Once it's done, I let it cool off and then pull apart with a fork or my hands.  This is usually done during my Sunday Night Meal Prep and it sits in the fridge until I make the Taquitos for Dinner another night. 


I HAD TO...Because it's TRUE...lol 

Anyways back to my Taquitos...

2.  I use a comal to warm up your tortillas. You can put them in the microwave but I always leave them too long and they fall apart on me.  I warm up my tortillas to soften them up, I add the chicken, roll it up and use a toothpick to secure.  (I'll try to get a better picture next time and update this for you.)  I place the lip of the taquito down first onto the skillet.  I barely use any oil for this.  I have this flipping awesome non-stick skillet so I only use about 1 tsp for all our taquitos!
When I first place them on there, I give them a quick little roll through the oil and leave the lip side down, once they start to brown I turn them over and then on their sides...OR you can skip the skillet and put them in the OVEN!! I've done this too, they're a little crispier and don't have the same "feel" but are just as tasty ;) 

GUACAMOLE TIME!



3.  I typically like my Guacamole with fresh lime juice, cilantro, tomatoes, onions and a serrano chili for a kick but for some reason we really like these Taquitos with just plain guacamole!  
Just mashed up a couple avocados, add a little salt and BOOM....it's like the ones from down the street we love so much only not deep fried and drowning in cheese...although my husbands plate speaks otherwise...lol 



This is really easy to make and really satisfies that junk food craving.  
I don' know about you but  I don't miss the days when my hubby and I would hit the drive through at Albertos and split the order of their taquitos...now I get the same fix only none of the guilt or fat! 

Hope you guys enjoy! Please tag me if you decide to try this, I'd love to see your spin on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment