Saturday, November 8, 2014

21 Day Fix Approved French Toast

Happy Saturday! 

I know I've been a little late delivering those recipes I keep promising but 
my #MommyDuties are TOP priority and it's been cray cray around here. 

But look,  I woke up early on a Saturday to get this out to you, 
see my commitment..lol ;) 
I'm also taking my 30 Day Push Goals a little more seriously so if it requires to put 
in some time on the weekend then so be it!
 This Mama has GOALS!! 

I also owed it to my Challengers to get this out before 
our next round of the Fix begins  this Monday. 


This was DELICIOUS and I'm not just saying that. 
 Look it's not your Denny's or IHop but that stuff is kind of an over kill for me now anyways, and if I'm being honest it's just not worth that kind of a cheat for such a small craving. 

It was yummy and i controlled the portions and ingredients.  
It was also filling, satisfying and a new favorite! Yup and 21 Day Fix Approved Meal

For this meal I used 2 yellow, 1/2 Red, 1 Purple and 1 tsp.  
I used 1 tsp of Pure Organic Maple Syrup,
 but it's also really yummy with honey <3 


What you will need:

2 slices of whole wheat or Organic bread 
1 Egg
Cinnamon (optional)
1/2 banana
2-3 strawberries depending on size
Organic butter
Pure maple syrup or honey

Directions: 

  • Take 1/2 tsp butter and put on skillet at low heat
  • Crack and whisk your egg in a tupperware or bowl that will fit the bread 
  • Optional to add cinnamon (I didn't)
  • Dip your bread into the egg and flip it over to coat both sides. (One Large egg was just enough for both slices of bread)
  • Place on skillet, before flipping add a little more butter to the skillet
  • Repeat and just add your sliced fruit when done. 
 I didn't add more butter only a tiny drizzle of pure maple syrup.  
I took the leftover fruit my kids didn't finish and topped it off with that.  


Hope you Enjoy!! 



2 comments:

  1. I made this for myself this morning...it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Leila!! I've played around with this breakfast and even added some crunchy walnuts. I also use agave nectar now when I can not find the Organic Syrup in the stores...It's not Denny's breakfast but satisfies the sweet tooth and fills you up with healthy eats. Glad you enjoyed!

      Delete