Thursday, October 30, 2014

Turkey Albondigas, 21 Day Fix Approved

This is a big family favorite.  I can't believe it's taken me this long to share it too.  
I make this almost every other week during the cold seasons.

You can use ground beef or turkey for this recipe.
I prefer to go with Turkey and load up on the veggies.
It's the one meal where no one is picky.
 I smash it all up in their bowl and I don't have single person
 picking out the veggies saying they don't like it.




For those of you on the 21 Day Fix your serving containers are perfect for this. 
Make your meat balls small enough to have 2 fit your red container
Here in my serving I have 1 Red, 1 Green.
You can also count the coconut oil as 1 tsp if you'd like but I didn't use much.
 Just the broth of the meat and veggies give it an excellent taste.
Like I said don't go crazy on the bouillon cubes or powder.
Totally not necessary :) 

This isn't the exact recipe that my mother gave me but it's it'll do.  
I know I have it saved somewhere and when I've looked up this recipe 
online there is a list of spices that I don't even know or much less already have in my pantry.
 I know expand my knowledge right...but I make due with what I have...lol

What you will need:

2-3lbs of Ground Turkey
3/4 cup diced on tomato
1/4 cup diced onions
*If you want to add a little spice dice up 1-2 serrano chilis
1 small garlic close finely diced
1 Egg
 1 pinch of rice, 1 tsp or so really :) 
Salt for a little taste
Chicken broth or bullion powder
Marjoram
Thyme
1 garlic glove finely diced
VEGGIES!!! VEGGIES GALORE! 
I use celery, carrots, zucchini potatoes, chayote, go to town here people~


Directions:
First I take a little bit of the dices up garlic, tomato and onion and with less than a tsp
of coconut oil I saute them a bit so when the albodigas are boiling I can add it to the pot later. 
I swear it gives it a better taste. I obviously do not use chili when I'm making some for the kids. 
But you an always make a smaller batch for the little ones :)

I chop up all my veggies while I bring a big pot of water to a boil. 
At the same time I have those chopped garlic, onions and tomato sauteing on a small skillet. 

I take EVERYTHING but the vegetables and throw it into a bowl to mix. 
The garlic, spices, onions, tomato, ground turkey, egg, and rice and mix it all up. 

YOU WILL GET DIRTY HERE! Mix well and make into meat balls.



When your water is to a boil I add all my veggies in except the squash 
( I wait a bit since it's gets too squishy)
 About 15 minutes later I throw in my meat balls.
 I add salt, and a bouillon powder to taste (I try not to use much, lots of sodium)
Let simmer for about 45 minutes longer.
I  swear the longer I leave it the better.
SO GOOD!! Even the next day!! 



And there you have it!! Hope you ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment