Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tasty Tuesday; Grilled Chicken Mexican Salad

 Yeah I know not a very creative title but I promise it won't disappoint ;) This is my favorite homemade salad, it's so good even my hubby loves it! It's just a healthier take on that deliciousness you can get from those yummy taco salads only no shell of course.  
This is also 21 Day fix approved.   


What you will need;

*Romaine Lettuce
*Grilled Chicken
*Bell Peppers
*Tomato
*Onion
*Avocado
*Brown rice or Quinoa
*Homemade Green Salsa
*Black Beans (can or home made, not re fried)
*Greek Yogurt

Wash, cut and dice and throw it all into a bowl and VIOLA! 



That's it!! Because I'm a huge believer in Meal Prep I tend to have fish, steak & chicken already cooked and I always...ALWAYS have home made green salsa on hand.  Hello, I can't call myself a TRUE MEXICAN or a WIFEY if I don't...lol   That's a staple in our house.  Now I know you might have a family recipe but mine is super easy too and it works when you're short on ingredients.  

 I take about a pot full of green tomatoes with about 4-5 serrano chilies and bring to a boil.  (Yes wash them first) Once tender, you'll know, they start to change color to a lighter green, you put it all in the blender with about 1/4-3/4 cup of chopped onions.  I use a little of the water in was boiled in,  the less water the more thicker it is.  If you have cilantro add it too, I throw in some salt, fresh chopped garlic, cumin and blend!  All of this is really to taste and just practice.  Not quite like my mom's but it'll do ;) 


NOTE: If it's your first time do about 1-2 chilies at a time when blending 
so you don't make it too spicy.   

For my grilled chicken and use about 1-2 tsp of olive oil for 3-4 chicken breast.  Remember meal prep, the salad only has 4oz serving above...lol  Simply cut into pieces and cook until done. 

I hope you guys give this a try and if you do please share on Facebook or Instagram and tag me! I'd love to see how your version comes out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment