Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ground Turkey and Brown Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers

I have pinned several stuffed bell pepper recipes for like the last year on Pinterest but like everything else I pin I never seem to find the time to get around to it...lol  That is until today I finally decided to give them a try.  They came out super yummy and were easy to make.   My only regret, not trying them sooner! The recipe I followed can be found HERE but I only used it as a guide as I'm terrible at following directions..lol 


What you will need:
3-4 Bell Peppers
1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
1-2 Garlic Cloves Chopped 
Olive Oil
3lbs Ground Turkey 
1 Cup Dry Brown Rice or Quinoa ( I used a mix blend)
Pepper Jack Cheese


Start by cutting the tops off your bell peppers, remove the seeds and use the tops to dice up along with about 1/4 of a full onion.  Take your chopped veggies and in a skillet take about 1Tbsp of Olive Oil  and saute your veggies until tender.   


Multitasking is key here! In another skillet I put the ground turkey to cook along with 1 finely diced garlic clove, 1Tbsp of the chopped onions I had, small pinch of salt for seasoning. 
I also followed the basic cooking instructions for my brown rice and quinoa mix and also seasoned with salt, onions and garlic.  Once the bell peppers and onions are done I added them to the ground turkey and mixed well.  


Set your oven to 375 degrees and in a large bowl mix your brown rice/quinoa and your ground turkey with those bell peppers and onions you tossed in there earlier and  now you're ready to stuff those bad boys and place in the oven for 30 minutes.  


Remove from the oven and add a little sprinkle of cheese and place in your oven for another 8-10 minutes.    I used some Pepper Jack Cheese I had on hand and OMG this was PERFECT!! I know it looks like a lot of cheese...ok that's because it kind of was..lol Slip of the hand really.
This meal can still be used for your Meal Prep for PiYo and 21 Day Fix, just hold off a little on that cheese ;) 



Hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment