Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Transformation Tuesday

It's #TransformationTuesday and Today is typically the day I share some transformation stories and flood my Facebook and Instagram feeds of photos from challengers and coaches but I thought I'd share a little something more personal about my transformation, aside from my weight loss.


A year and half ago, I was home, shoveling food into my mouth just out of sheer boredom and already feeling sorry for my weight gain. I was unhappy, depressed and on the verge of divorce...yeah, when you're husband tells you that he can't go on like this anymore, it's time to take a long hard look in the mirror and put yourself in your family's shoes. That's when I knew I needed to get things under control again. I'm not talking about a thinner me, for goodness sakes...my husband met me at one of my heaviest points in my life..185lbs. So the weight was not the issue or ever has been, it was how I was feeling inside, and the weight gain had a lot to do with how I was dealing with all our problems. I reached 210lbs and I was hating every moment of it and how it was literally consuming my life. So I stopped making excuses and got to work. It was hard, I cried sometimes but over time I fell in love...with my health and my progress...not just the physical but the mental one. My confidence grew, and our marriage flourished. I've broken through some barriers I never even knew I had put up.






What's the point of this story?? Well, I just confirmed two dates, and two times slots for my first ever Turbokick and Piyo Demo classes. What does that mean? I get to introduce these two formats to a small gym that is giving me this opportunity & if they're a hit I'M IN!! Now I've never taught a class before, I am certified but I've never led my own class....Blind leap of faith on their part and mine but most importantly a BLESSING! This is what I've been waiting for!! I can not wait for this to happen. I know it will take hard work and dedication. But it's something I've been wanting to do for so long now. I can remember imagining like I was on stage leading the class in my living room...yeah, I know kinda corny but I would call out the next moves and hoot and holler with everyone else. 

   

Just in case you're new...I LOVE ALL THINGS TURBO!  It just so happened that when I went to sign up for my certification that PiYo fell on my lap and it was love at first PiYo Flip.   Am I ready for this? We'll see! I'm not new to having to memorize choreography...it's just been a while...ok, 10 years give or take.   I know I talk about my passion for fitness but here is where my real passion really lies.

I'm excited that I am finally taking another big step out of my comfort zone and just going for it. I had an incredible trainer (Alee Baytan, the modifier in turbofire and Master Trainer extraordinaire)  So yeah, I and am confident in myself that I can make this happen. And if it goes south or I forget choreography guess what...I'll be ok with that too, because even every possible failure brings me one step closer to my dreams♥



No comments:

Post a Comment