Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Breakfast Veggie and Egg Scramble

Need another healthy breakfast Idea? Well here you go! I got inspired by the Veggie Fit Fare Skillet at Denny's...yeah I know right...lol  But since I'm shooting for the healthier side of things I know making this at home will still be way better for me that ordering off a menu somewhere.  Also my husband always picks the same thing there and I guarantee you there is no Veggie or Fit in the title of his meal. My breakfast from this morning was divine so thought I would share it for this #TastyTuesday I had it just like you see there, and my hubby requested his in a burrito only 86 the broccoli...lol.  I know the drill so I only put enough for me anyways.  You can make this anyway you like, and add as many veggies, maybe a sprinkle of shredded cheese or sliced avocado on top.  I've made this several ways to keep it tasty and interesting.  Since I'm still using the 21 day fix I made it fit my day of course.  This was 1.5 Red, 1 Green, 1 Yellow (give or take ;)



What you will need:

4-5 Eggs 
Bell peppers ( I had all 3 and used 1/4 of each)
Serrano chilis
Onion
Tomato 
Broccoli
Red Skin Potato (2 small) 
Coconut Oil (2 Tblsp)
*dash of garlic and salt


Cut up your red potatoes first so you can prep  your veggies while you cook the potatoes, & use about 1tbps of coconut oil with a little bit of garlic ( mine comes in a jar, 1/4 tsp) and start cooking your potatoes on a skillet. 

Once they're turning brown add all your veggies but save the tomato for last.  
Add your eggs and your chicken (I already had a roasted chicken I bought at Costco so I used that) and right before your eggs are just about ready throw in the tomatoes and you're all set.  You can add little salt to taste but I barely use any :) 

I hope you Enjoy!! 


If you try this I'd love to see it, please share in the comments or tag me on Instagram or Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment