Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Shrimp& Veggie Lettuce Wraps

I think I'm the only person out there who has yet to try those rice paper rolls.  I've heard they're delicious and have been told they're easy to make but I can not find those papers in the grocery store...yet!  We just moved so I'm still not very familiar with the area.  So as usual, I decided to improvise and skip the rice paper all together.  This was so good, it would have been 100% 21 Day Fix Approved if it wasn't for the store bought sweet chili sauce.  I found a recipe on Pinterest that you can try here but didn't have the vineger to make it.  Oh well, maybe next time.  They still came out great, and were satisfying and filling and will probably be one of my favorites once I nail down a cleaner recipe for that sweet chili sauce.



WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

1/2 Cucumber 
1/4 Avocado
1 Carrot or in my case hand full of baby carrots
4-6 Lettuce Leaves, any kind, I used Romaine
6-9 Shrimp
Sriracha Sauce



  1.  Peel and Slice your cucumber in to long this strips, do the same with your avocado.  I used a shredder for the carrots.  Way easier than trying to cut those or any carrots into thin slices for that matter. 
  2. My shrimp were frozen so I took them out early, let them thaw out and gave them a good wash and sliced in half. 
  3. Load up you Lettuce, you can double it up to make them fuller or use each wrap individually.  
  4. I put a little Sriracha sauce and viola- Delish! I paired it with some sweet chili sauce I had but I plan on using THIS recipe next time.  I'll follow up and let you know how it goes ;) 

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment