Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Grilled Onion and Mushroom Burger

A couple weeks ago My husband and I went on a Dive in La Jolla, CA and had lunch and Hennessy's...' well long story short he had the most delicious and ridiculously tempting mushroom and avocado burger and fries. It has been on my mind since, no joke! So I decided to clean it up a little, I was originally going to make it with ground turkey but it is a burger and I know my hubby needed a little break from all my turkey meals lately..lol 


I made Mine with no bun and used 2 slices of Organic Bread for my hubby's.  I don't buy buns really because I find that they end up going to waste.  So one day I just started making our burgers with our regular bread...since I buy organic then it's like double score! 


What you will need:

  • Hamburger Patties, preferably ground beef or ground turkey so that you an make them the size you want.  I added a little bit of garlic and salt for seasoning.  If you follow me, I use "dash" and "sprinkle" A LOT! get used to it..I literally mean a dash and sprinkle ;) 
  • Coconut Oil or cooking spray
  • 4-5 Red Potatoes (depending on size)
  • Mushrooms
  • Onion
  • Veggies for topping
  • Garlic   

  1. You'll want to start by cutting up your potatoes first into little squares, I put tossed them with a about tbsp of coconut oil and added another tbsp to my glass cooking pan, I set the oven to 350 degrees and placed them in the oven.  Check on them every few minutes, don't worry if they get a little stuck, once they start to get a little crispy you can toss them a little better. 
  2. Burgers are now also cooking on low heat, I kept it simple and use a little garlic and coconut oil.  Let the garlic cook a little bit before placing my burger patties on the skillet.  
  3. Slice up some onions and in a skillet add some coconut oil and about 1/2 Tsp of chopped garlic.  Add the onions, stir on low/med for a minute and add the mushrooms.  Cook on low, and stir until the mushroom soften and onions get caramel texture.  
That's it!! If you time it all just right those potatoes will be ready on time!  You can top this however you'd like.  Enjoy! Oh and did I mention that this is also 21 Day Fix Approved! 

Yup!! Check it out!! 


Feel free to tag me or comment if you have any questions or decide to give this a try! 

I hope you guys Enjoy!!






No comments:

Post a Comment