Monday, April 7, 2014

New Month, New Goals, New Intentions

My 21 day fix group ended last week so naturally I took this week to catch up on some housework and get things prepared for round 2 of The 21 day fix.  I also indulged a little bit on some naughty food while our family came for a little visit but nothing to feel guilty about.  I mentioned last week that we were seeing some great results with the program so having a little break in between isn't totally disastrous.  While I respect the discipline it takes to achieve jaw dropping results I also believe that depriving yourself of some of your favorite foods can also lead to bad binges and self sabotage.  I stuck to my goals to the best of my ability but I'm not one to lie when it comes to this grind...I cheated...I had some candy and couldn't keep my hand out of the cookie jar on those late nights while I waited for my hubby to come home.  While I smashed the rest of my March Goals I know I could have done more to see better results for my first round of the 21 Day Fix. 
In the past the trick that has worked for me is to plan out my cheat meals or save them for the weekend when I'm with family or friends.  Our food choice are more important to our health goals than just exercise.  Shoveling candy in my mouth just because I had a rough day is not worth it for me, not anymore at least.  But having a drink or enjoying a nice piece of cheese cake for dessert after a date night is perfection for me.  Ideally I would like to say that all my meals are 100% clean and on point but they're not.  I do my best to make the healthiest choice and on the days I don't I just move on.


I also started my Les Mills Pump and Les Mills Combat hybrid schedule this week.  Even though I have a second round of the 21 Day Fix that starts on Monday April 7th I plan on following a different fitness schedule.  I got my hands on Pump months ago but when I loaned the videos to my dad about a week after I got them he fell in love and refused to give them back until he finished them.  Well, I finally got them back in my pretty little hand and I'm not waiting around to start the hybrid schedule I've been so anxiously waiting to do.  I love these two programs so much, and as much as I want to follow the fix I really want to step it up for the next couple of months so I can really see how far I can push myself.  Practically my entire life I grew up thinking I would never be "skinny" or "athletic".  I was always overweight and was terrible at sports and never had enough courage to try out for any kind of sports or school activities for fear of failure.  My freshman year in High School I mustered up the courage to try out for the Dance team and I made it only to drop out my sophomore year.  I let my own fears grow and manifest just because of a few negative people and their comments.  I never felt "good enough" and eventually the laughs and whispers got to me.  But I missed Dance so much that I followed my heart and returned that same year.  The only other time in my life where I ever remember feeling so much confidence in myself was in the presence of my husband.  From day one he has always made me feel like the prettiest and the most intelligent woman in the room...but after having our two kids and putting my needs aside I found myself in a dark place in a time when there was so much light shining down on us and there I was hiding in the shadows again.  Well not anymore, the biggest reason I share my story is because when I decided to to change my life a little over ago I realized that only I can control my emotions and how I chose to take on life's challenges.  Now I look for Sunshine even on the darkest of days.  It's never too late to become what you might have been.  You just have to try! I promise it will be worth it!  

April Goals are simple and as follows: 

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment