Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cajun Chicken Pasta

C a j u n    C h i c k e n    P a s t a 


A couple of weeks ago I made this dish using some of the food that I already had prepped for a clean eating challenge the week prior.  I don't like having anything go to waste so I try to be real good about using up all those fresh veggies before they go bad.  It's not just about Meal Prep but the PLANNING!

In this case I used the other halves of my bell peppers that I used for my Steak Fajita Roll Ups.  I meant to get this post of that Friday but good grief is it hard to get things going with a crummy desktop and even crummier Internet Service.  Anyways problem is fixed now so here you go!

What you will need:

Boneless Chicken Breast
 (Mine was already prepped, I grill it on a pan with just a little salt and garlic) 
Whole Wheat Noodles 
Sliced Onions
Sliced Bell Peppers (3 halves, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green)
Garlic 1/2 Tbsp
Low Fat Milk 1/4 cup
2 Tbsp of Low Fat Cream Cheese
Cajun Spice (To taste)
Olive Oil, Pam or other preferred cooking oil. (I use coconut oil) 


  • I already had my chicken grilled from a meal prep earlier in the week.  If you don't get to it! 
  • Start by boiling water and get those noodles going while you move onto prepping the veggie
  • I used  coconut oil (about 1.5 Tbsp) in a large skillet, I added the Bell Peppers, Onions, 1/2 Tbsp of garlic.  Slice your chicken and to the skillet

  • Take about 1/4 cup of milk and 2Tbsp of low fat cream cheese and mix into the Bells Peppers on low heat.  I added Cajun Spice at this point to let it simmer while I waited for my noddles to finish.  I sprinkled it all over, gave it a stir and added another sprinkle..sorry that's how I measure! 

  • Keep at very low simmer and feel free to add a little more milk if it looks like you need it a little creamer, just not thick.  
  • Once your Noodles are ready, drain, rinse and combine all ingredients into the pot and mix well.  Keep on low heat and serve!!


Thank you for visiting! Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment